500 gm chicken pieces, skin removed and washed (breast pieces are good for this dish)
2 inch piece ginger, peeled and finely grated
3-4 cloves garlic, peeled and grated
1/2 tsp. turmeric
1 tsp. Garam Masala
Salt to taste
For cooking vegetable mix:
2 medium onions, peeled and thickly sliced or chopped
250 gm or 2 green peppers, de-seeded and sliced or cubed (1"pieces)
2-3 hot green chillies
2 large tomatoes cut into medium wedges
2 tbs. oil or ghee
For cooking the curry:
2 tbs. ghee or oil
1 tsp. chilli powder or to taste
2 tbs. tomato puree
1. Mix ginger, garlic, turmeric, garam masala and salt together.
2. Coat chicken with this mix and allow to marinate for 2-3 hours.
3. Heat oil or ghee in a wok or kadhai.
4. Add sliced onions, green chillies and green peppers and fry for a couple of minutes.
5. Add tomato wedges, stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
6. Lift out with a slotted spoon and keep aside.
7. Heat 2 tbs. oil or ghee in a clean pan or wok, add marinated chicken and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
8. Add chilli powder and tomato puree and cook on low heat, until chicken is cooked.
9. Add fried vegetables, prepared earlier, and stir.
10. Turn heat off.
11. Sprinkle green coriander leaves.
12. Give it a quick stir and serve hot with Tandoori Roti or Chapatti.
- Raji devi , Madurai